About Just Jen!

Highland, Ut
Joyfully married to Pete. We have 6 incredible kids. 5 girls and 1 boy!! I live a simple life, in a simple home..drive a simple car..etc. etc. and thats the way I like it! I'm surrounded by lots of family. 16 siblings and all of our kids together ,.as of now.. a total of 35 kids and 3 on the way. Of course Music is our life...but other than that I love the outdoors,...camping, hiking, site seeing etc. Reading,.playing around with my kids...traveling by car...singing with my sisters,...and so much more!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

random act of kindness!!.....



To my complete surprise today... I became a victim of a random act of kindness!! I've been so excited and TOUCHED by it,..that as soon as I got home...I just wanted to blog about it.

So my day started out pretty slowly, I promised my daughter a reward for reading her scriptures for an hour each day this week...so today we went out to get it.
So after stopping by at the mall, and a few other places..I was feeling pretty tired, and just wanted to go home...but I knew we needed groceries so we'd have to make a quick stop at Walmart.

I stopped and counted what was left in my wallet, and knew that before we went in..we'd have to stick to the budget,..and no wasteful extra's... I hate being on a budget when it comes to groceries....

On my way in, there was a group of people on their way out... whom I didn't really notice,..but my older kids did...I was just concentrating on getting JJ to stay put in the cart....
anyhow....I walked passed the old people who greet you when you walk in the store...

til this lady runs towards me,.. out of breath... and I couldn't really understand what she was saying,.. all I understood was that there was something for me,..if I could follow her back outside.

So I followed her back out of the store,.. and theres this group of about 10 people. A couple of men and a bunch of women with a cart of groceries. They introduced themselves and said they had gotten together to do a random act of kindness..they had purchased groceries for a full on Thanksgiving Dinner... and were hoping to find the right person to give it to. When they had seen me walking in,... they said they knew..."THAT IS THE ONE!!"

I felt like I was on a hidden camera show... and I always thought to myself,..'I WOULD NEVER CRY'..but whatdaya know... I bawled like a baby... I was overwhelmed and very appreciative.
They all gave me hugs and told me their names... told me that I'm loved and Special and walked me to my car along with the kids to put the groceries away.

This group was from different parts of Utah...from St.George to Bountiful. I don't know if they were a church group or what...but it didn't matter. It was a wonderful act of kindness that definitley made a difference for me!!

I was greatful that my kids got to see that..and we had a great discussion about it on our way home. I sometimes wonder was it really meant to be ME or was it a mere coincidence....

I believe it probably WAS meant for me...and another testimony to me that the LORD puts things in motion sometimes cuz he knows what is needed. It was not so much the FOOD alone that was needed... I wasn't THAT broke... but it definitely was 'LOVE FROM STRANGERS' that was ABSOLUTELY needed at this time in my life!!

I definitely want to spread the kindness and do something random within the next couple days....hope you will too!!

8 comments:

Nykki said...

That was an incredible story Jen! Not one you hear about everyday! Gives me hope and faith that there are still good people left in the world!

Lys said...

Wow! What a story. You know, I firmly believe that you can be a blessing to everyone and vise versa. You never know when favor is headed your way. Today was definitely your day.

Definitely a testimony to the concept of "paying it forward".

Ane said...

WOW! That's so wonderful Jen! Things always happen for a reason, thanks for the inspiration today!

Ofas to you and the fam!

Sunni said...

Love that! Of course it was meant for you. Heavenly Father loves you guys. That was no coincidence.

Katharine Wolfgramm Wilson said...

I like what you said, that it wasn't so much the Food,but rather knowing that you are thought of and Loved!!!!

we all need love in our lives and to be reminded that we are loved!!! love ya lots Jen....

Adhis said...

I love it!

And you know what? You sharing this story was an answer to prayer for me.

Thanks!

. said...

Jen! that is soooo amazing, I am so glad god put that little miricle in your life. I know it was meant for you. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful ex perience. I feel inspired to pay it forward!

My InstaThoughts said...

That really shows that the Lord is always watching us:)
GNO